Election Day is Nov. 3, some polling sites have moved
Published 1:27 pm Friday, October 30, 2020
Election Day will be Tuesday, Nov. 3, for all voters who have not already mailed in absentee ballots or participated in the early voting period.
Poll locations will open Tuesday at 6 a.m. and will remain open until 8 p.m.
Voters may be asked to identify themselves with either a photo ID or a signature on a voter affidavit. Voters may use a Louisiana driver’s license, a Louisiana special identification card, a United States military identification card that contains the applicant’s name and picture or other generally recognized picture identification card that has a name and signature.
Citizens can check their registration at www.geauxvote.com.
In addition to the race for U.S. president, there will be contests in a variety of other state and local races.
Some poll locations have changed
Earlier this year, the Washington Parish Council approved a resolution changing a number of the polling places for the scheduled Nov. 3, 2020, and Dec. 5, 2020, elections. The changes are a result of the Secretary of State’s Emergency Election Plan, the public health proclamations of the State of Louisiana, and at the request of the Washington Parish Clerk of Court. The changes provide for social distancing and other safety guidelines for the health and safety of polling commissioners and voters.
The wards and precincts affected are as follows:
- Ward 3, Precincts 2, 3A and 3B — moving from Courthouse Annex, 104 Bene St. in Franklinton, to Franklinton Jr. High School, 617 Main St. in Franklinton.
- Ward 4, Precinct 4 — moving from Superior Avenue School, 625 Superior Ave. in Bogalusa, to Bogalusa High School girls gym, 100 M.J. Israel Drive in Bogalusa.
- Ward 4, Precincts 5, 5B and 6 — moving from Senior Citizens Center, 603 Willis Ave. in Bogalusa, to Bogalusa High School boys gym, 100 M.J. Israel Drive in Bogalusa.
- Ward 4, Precincts 10, 10A and 11 — moving from Rio Fire Station, 12022 Highway 1075 in Bogalusa, to Palestine Baptist Church Hall, 59369 Palestine Church Road in Bogalusa.
- Ward 6, Precinct 4 — moving from Plainview Voting Building, 55241 Highway 60 in Bogalusa, to Plainview Baptist Church Hall, 55179 Highway 60 in Bogalusa.
- Ward 8, Precinct 2 — moving from District 3 Fire Station, 28128 Winfred Bateman Road in Franklinton, to New Jerusalem Baptist Church Hall, 44030 Max Brumfield Road in Franklinton.