This is our chance to return the favor
Published 6:43 am Wednesday, August 17, 2016
While we are all happy that Washington Parish was mostly spared in last week’s catastrophic flooding in Louisiana, we also know that we want to do our part to help our neighbors who were affected.
Several local organizations are offering chances to help, including:
• ESM United Methodist Church is assembling cleaning supply buckets for flood victims. They need donations or items that can fill the buckets.
• First Missionary Baptist Church of Varnado is collecting donations and supplies for a planned trip to help flood victims in Denham Springs and Hammond.
• Project Save Bogalusa is collecting donations, non-perishable food, and other items. The donation drop-off point is Seal Trucking, behind Walmart, and items will be collected through today.
• Children’s International is collecting clothing and household items at its office on 626 Superior Ave.
• Bogalusa Firefighters Auxiliary is collecting bottled water and cleaning supplies through Friday. They can be dropped off at any of the three Bogalusa Fire Department locations.
There are certainly many other groups helping in the flood response, but this is just a sampling of ways that you can help.