Published 10:55 pm Thursday, July 5, 2012
Each Friday, The Daily News will recognize individuals and businesses in Washington Parish who have gone “above and beyond” in their efforts to make this a better place to live, work, play and raise a family.
We believe that an integral part of a community’s wellbeing is an attitude and arena where people who do good things … who work to improve life for others … who try to make a difference … are recognized and saluted.
Because this is a salute to members of the community of Washington Parish, we solicit your recommendations for groups or individuals to be considered for inclusion.
This week we salute:
• The members of the Boy Scouts Venturer Crew canoe racing team, who are trying to raise some funds so they can make the trip to Arkansas to defend their title.
• The Bogalusa Rotary Club’s new officers, who were installed June 26, and Jerry Bailey, Chris Workman, Scott Catalanotto and Betsey Knight, who were named Paul Harris Fellows.
• Jordan Smith, a 2012 Franklinton High School graduate who achieved 13 years of perfect attendance.
• Emma Johnson, who was crowned May Queen by the Red Hat Ladybugs of Bogalusa during a recent Rest Haven Honey Bees event, and Marie Misita, who was crowned Vice Queen.
• Several Washington Parish officials who were installed Monday: Sheriff Randy Seal, Clerk of Court Johnny D. Crain Jr. and acting Assessor James A. “Jimbo” Stevenson.
• Randy Strickland, who was sworn in as registrar of voters last Thursday.