Bogalusa Prepares for Annual MCCA Parade with Safety Measures
Published 1:32 pm Thursday, February 8, 2024
BOGALUSA, La. — As the much-anticipated MCCA Parade approaches in Bogalusa, city and parish officials are implementing stringent safety measures to ensure a smooth and secure event for all attendees.
Reflecting on past experiences, Bogalusa Mayor Tyrin Truong highlighted the city’s efforts to enhance safety protocols. “Before last year, almost every year before that, we always have some sort of something going on,” Mayor Truong stated. “What I did last year was spread the force out. Normally we would get the northshore agencies concentrating a lot. So now we spread them out.”
In a bid to curb potential criminal activities, Truong emphasized the deployment of undercover and plainclothes officers. “After the parade, we have a lot of after-parties in the city so we will place them in those areas as well,” Mayor Truong added. “We got undercover cops, plainclothes cops. We are trying to prevent any criminal activity.”
Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office Deputy Chief Brent Jones affirmed the collaboration between law enforcement agencies, stating, “The Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office will be at the MCCA parade supporting Bogalusa PD and other law enforcement agencies during and after the parade Saturday.”
Assistant Chief of Bogalusa Police Troy Tervalon echoed the commitment to public safety, urging citizens to remain vigilant. “Bogalusa Police Department is going to do everything in their power to ensure safety. If you see someone that looks suspicious, please report it. If you see something, say something.”
In addition to law enforcement efforts, the City of Bogalusa has released a set of rules to regulate parade festivities. These rules include:
- Vehicles cannot park along the MCCA parade route earlier than 72 hours before and 12 hours after a parade. The marking of city right of way is also not permitted within 72 hours.
- You cannot sell anything along the parade route without a proper rolling vendor permit. Contact the permit office at 985-732-6211.
- Do not throw objects or interfere with participants in the parade.
- Rowdy/obnoxious behavior, fighting, and nudity will not be tolerated. This includes profanity or loud music with profanity.
- Underage drinking (alcohol) will not be tolerated.
- Animals are not allowed within 150 feet of the parade route.
- No glass bottles.
The MCCA Parade is scheduled to take place on Saturday, February 10, 2024, at 1:00 P.M. Authorities urge all participants and spectators to adhere to the outlined rules and cooperate with law enforcement personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable celebration.
For further inquiries regarding the event or the associated regulations, individuals are advised to contact the City of Bogalusa authorities.