Washington Parish Weather Forecast: Sunny Days, Chilly Nights Ahead
Published 1:42 pm Friday, December 29, 2023
WASHINGTON PARISH, La. – As residents gear up for the weekend and the new year, here’s what to expect from the weather in the coming days:
- Friday, December 29: The day will remain sunny with highs in the lower 50s. Winds from the west will blow at around 5 to 10 mph. The night is forecasted to be clear and cold with temperatures dropping to around 30°F, accompanied by west winds at about 5 mph.
- Saturday, December 30: Continuing the sunny trend, the highs will reach the upper 50s. Wind conditions will remain light from the west. The nighttime sky will stay clear, but it will be cold again with lows in the lower 30s.
- Sunday, December 31: Sunshine will dominate the day with highs in the mid-60s. Light southwest winds are expected. The evening will start mostly clear, then turn partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers after midnight. The lows will be in the mid-40s, with a 20 percent chance of rain.
- New Year’s Day, January 1: The new year begins with partly sunny skies. Morning showers are possible, with temperatures peaking in the lower 60s before falling into the mid-50s in the afternoon. The chance of rain is 50 percent.
- Monday, January 2, and Tuesday, January 3: The forecast suggests mostly clear skies. Nighttime temperatures will drop to the lower 30s, while daytime highs will be in the mid-50s.
- Wednesday, January 4: Showers are likely, with highs in the mid-50s and a 60 percent chance of rain. The night might see a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms, with lows in the mid-30s.
- Thursday, January 5: The weather is expected to clear up, offering mostly sunny skies and highs in the mid-50s.
Residents should prepare for chilly nights throughout the week and keep an umbrella handy for the slight chance of showers, particularly as the new week starts. Stay updated with the latest weather conditions for a safe and enjoyable transition into the new year.