Dept. of Transportation and Development Announces Bid Results for Statewide Projects
Published 3:31 pm Friday, March 10, 2023
BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced today that 16 projects around the state received bids recently. Sixteen contractors presented apparent low bids totaling $62.9 million.
“We are pleased to award contracts for several new projects this month, especially since a number of them are safety related,” said DOTD Secretary Eric Kalivoda. “Safety is a top priority of this department, and features such as roundabouts, turn lanes, and rumble strips all contribute to keeping the traveling public safe on Louisiana’s highways.”
The projects and their apparent low bids are as follows:
Bridge Replacement and Repair:
- Replacement of bridge on Graybow Rd. over Palmetto Creek in Beauregard Parish: $1,417,185.16
- Replacement of Black Bayou Bridge on LA 1077 near Madisonville in St. Tammany Parish: $3,896,616.31
- Milling, patching, signalization, and drainage on LA 3048 between Martin Luther King Dr. and U.S. 425 S in Richland Parish: $774,759.90
- Grading, patching, and overlay on U.S. 190 between LA 113 and Calcasieu River Bridge in Allen Parish: $5,266,684.00
- Milling and patching on U.S. 165 between Henry Ave. and U.S. 425 south in Morehouse Parish: $5,534,507.76
- Milling, patching, and overlay on LA 1056 between LA 38 and Washington Parish line in Tangipahoa Parish: $1,370,187.93
- Stabilization and overlay of two asphalt two-lane roadways in the Commercial Park area of Ouachita Parish: $935,675.10
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 358 between LA 357 and LA 182 in St. Landry Parish: $6,459,338.54
Congestion Mitigation and Safety:
- Roundabout installation on Churchpoint Rd. and Roddy Rd. in Ascension Parish: $1,936,083.96
- Roundabouts on LA 30 at Tanger Mall and I-10 in Ascension Parish: $28,998,998.36
- Left turn lane on I-10 westbound off-ramp at Siegen Ln. in East Baton Rouge Parish: $1,368,640.65
- Left turn lanes on LA 523 at Ashley Ridge in Caddo Parish: $829,882.70
- Fence repairs along I-610 in Orleans Parish: $217,751.35
- Signal detection repairs throughout Livingston, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, and Tangipahoa parishes: $773,463.35
- Tree and stump removal along LA 37 in East Baton Rouge Parish: $981,500.00
- Rumble strips throughout Ascension Parish: $2,099,455.90
When bids for projects are received, an “apparent low bidder” is identified, although the process of actually finalizing and awarding the contract takes about 30 days. Bid prices deemed outside of a certain range or exceeding the project budget typically trigger a more extensive evaluation. DOTD will continue to monitor increases in bid prices related to supply chain and workforce issues. After a review, DOTD may opt to have the project re-bid.
Construction projects are prioritized by road/bridge condition, urgency of improvements, type/volume of traffic, crash records, unforeseeable emergencies that caused damage, and several other factors.
For more information about these projects, please visit www.dotd.la.gov.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) is committed to delivering transportation and public works systems that enhance the quality of life. In addition to more than 16,600 miles of roadway, including over 890 miles of interstate, DOTD supports the development of the state’s aviation, marine and rail infrastructures. Through this work, we are able to facilitate economic development, create job opportunities, improve vital evacuation routes, and make critical freight corridors safer and more efficient.
For more information, please visit www.dotd.la.gov, email email@example.com, or call DOTD’s Customer Service Center at (225) 379-1232 or 1-877-4LADOTD (1-877-452-3683). Business hours are 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please let us know how we may better serve you: Customer Service Survey.