Church Notes for Feb. 9, 2022
Published 11:19 am Tuesday, February 8, 2022
If you have any information for the Church Notes, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centenary United Methodist Church
Centenary United Methodist Church in Franklinton will have a chicken BBQ fundraiser on Saturday, Feb. 12, from 11 a.m. until the meals are sold out. It will be held at the Franklinton Farmers’ Market and sponsored by the church’s Mission Team. All proceeds will be for the Louisiana Methodist Children’s Home. No tickets will be sold. Spread the word and notify your friends. The cost is $10 a plate.
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
Children’s Sunday School and Pastor Joe Arthur’s Adult Bible class each begin at 9:15 a.m. Sunday service starts at 10:30 a.m. with Divine Worship celebrating Holy Communion every Sunday, using best practices to avoid coronavirus spread. Join the church congregation as it focuses upon the Holy Gospel of St. Luke throughout this next church year. Please follow the church at Zion Lutheran Bogalusa on Facebook.
Sweet Beulah Baptist Church
Sweet Beulah Baptist Church is announcing the installation service of its pastor-elect, the Rev. Charlie L. Parker. This event will be held Sunday, Feb. 20, at 2 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
Elizabeth Sullivan Memorial United Methodist Church
E.S.M. United Methodist Church, located at 510 Ave. B in Bogalusa, would like for residents to come and worship with the congregation. Those who are unable to attend in person can follow the service on Facebook — ESM, UMC. All are welcome.
• Sunday School — Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
• Worship Service — Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
• Bible Study — Thursday at 5:15 p.m.
• Children — Sunday from 4 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Please note the new time.
• Youth — Sunday from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m.
• First Thursday of each month there is a UMW Meeting at the church beginning at 9 a.m. Come join the women as they enjoy fellowship, worship and great food.
• Third Saturday of each month is a workday at the church beginning at 9 a.m., rain or shine. Come be part of the body of Christ by helping out around the church.
• Third Sunday of each month is Men’s Breakfast beginning at 8 a.m. Come join the men as they enjoy fellowship, devotion and great food.
Love Outreach Family Worship Church
The Love Outreach Family Worship Church is distributing USDA “Food for Families” food boxes to Bogalusa and the surrounding area. Distribution will be every Wednesday at various locations. For more information, call 985-294-4587.
Calvary Christian Fellowship
Calvary Christian Fellowship, located at 1240 Ave. F. in Bogalusa, is having Sunday morning services in house at 10:30 a.m., and welcomes the public to come worship. If you can’t make the service on Sunday morning, then you can watch it live streaming on Pastor Larry Lassley’s Facebook page. You can also watch on Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. on live streaming. The congregation of Calvary Christian Fellowship invites you to come.
Church of God of Prophecy
The Church of God of Prophecy would like to extend a warm welcome for everyone to come out to services on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. and every second and fourth Sunday at 6 p.m. at the church, located at 1610 Greenlaw St. in Franklinton. For more information, call 985-549-0880 or 985-974-4461.