Miller earns NFRW honor
Published 11:30 am Friday, January 21, 2022
Once again, Joannie Miller of Bogalusa has been named to the National Federation of Republican Women’s (NFRW) Standing Committee.
The National Federation of Republican Women’s seven standing committees play a vital role in carrying out the organization’s mission.
Miller is serving as the Standing Committee Vice Chair of Membership (2021-2023), and has been on the NFRW Membership Committee since 2020. She has been serving as the Louisiana Federation of Republican Women Membership Chair since 2017.
Miller is the Immediate Past President of Washington Parish Republican Women where she also serves as the Legislative Chair. In 2014, she was elected as a Member-at-Large for the Republican Parish Executive Committee in Washington Parish and continues to serve as the Secretary. She is also Secretary of Our Veterans Memorial Park, Inc., in Washington Parish.
Miller is a member of the Femmes for Freedom in Louisiana, Bogalusa Healthy Community Coalition (Mayor’s Council), NE Garden Club (President), and former School Nutrition Association of Louisiana Public Policy and Legislative Chair/Legislative Action Conference Team Leader.
For 2022-23, NFRW President Eileen Sobjack has appointed, and the Executive Committee has approved, the following women to lead the standing committees:
- Bylaws — chair Theresa Kosmoski of Texas, vice chair Lyn Bliss of Ohio.
- Campaign — chair Noriko Kowalewski of New Jersey, vice chair Theresa Speake of California.
- Fundraising — chair Roxanne Husmann of Washington, vice chair Jill Horton Tate of Texas.
- Legislation — chair Janet Freixas of Nevada, vice chair Paula Steiner of Virginia.
- Membership — chair Dubbie Buckler of Indiana, vice chair Joannie Miller of Louisiana.
- Program — chair Glynis Chester of Texas, vice chair Kim Bowers of New York.
- Public Relations — chair Ingrid Lake of California, vice chair Carolyn Williams of Washington.