Halloween events set for coming days
Published 2:12 pm Tuesday, October 26, 2021
A year after the COVID-19 pandemic canceled most Halloween events, the holiday is returning with a flurry of activities in Bogalusa and Washington Parish.
Fall festivals, “trunk or treats” and many other events will be held beginning Wednesday, Oct. 27, and continuing all the way through Halloween on Sunday, Oct. 31. In the city of Bogalusa, the official trick or treat hours will actually be Saturday, Oct. 30, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. City officials hope that everyone will have fun and be safe.
Trick or treat hours for other parish residents — including the Town of Franklinton — will be from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Listed below is a list of the activities that The Daily News knows about. If you don’t see an activity that should be listed, email it to email@example.com and we will try to publish it one last time in this weekend edition’s Community Calendar.
Please note that times are subject to change, and some COVID-19 protocols may be in place at these events:
- Thursday, Oct. 28, starting at 6 p.m. — Fall festival with Monroe Street Baptist Church and Superior Avenue Baptist Church at 439 Superior Ave. in Bogalusa.
- Friday, Oct. 29, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. — Business on the Block Festival and “National Night Out” at Cassidy Park. Lots of family fun and trick-or-treating.
- Saturday, Oct. 30, starting at 5 p.m. — “Boo Bash off Borgne.” Bring the kids to a safe, old-fashioned trick-or-treating. Will be held on residences along Borgne Avenue, Wildwood, Shady Pine, Beaver Circle, Delta Street, Deborah, Eunice, Utah and Rio Grande streets.
- Saturday, Oct. 30, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. — Riverside Medical Center in Franklinton will have a drive-thru “trunk or treat.”
- Saturday, Oct. 30, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. — Fall festival at New Life U.P.C., 1600 Jefferson St. in Bogalusa.
- Saturday, Oct. 30, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. — Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church’s “Truck-O-Treat” event at the Avenue B Sports Complex in Bogalusa.
- Saturday, Oct. 30, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. — Franklinton Town Hall will have a “Trunk-Or-Treat” for ages 12 and under.
- Sunday, Oct. 31, starting at 11 a.m. — Monroe Street Baptist Church homecoming at 1412 Monroe St. in Bogalusa. Bring a covered dish and join for a free dinner on the grounds.
- Sunday, Oct. 31, starting at 1 p.m. — Bogalusa Trunk-O-Treat presented by Changing Lives and Better Bogalusa, at the Avenue B Sports Complex.
- Sunday, Oct. 31, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. — Fall festival at First Baptist Church on Avenue F in Bogalusa.