Community Calendar for Oct. 16-17, 2021
Published 12:48 pm Friday, October 15, 2021
If you have any information for the Community Calendar, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Saturday, Oct. 16, there will be a “Let’s Come Together Luncheon” at Poplas Quarters Recreational Center, located at 1-JJ Piper Drive in Bogalusa, starting at 1:30 p.m. COVID-19 practices will be in place.
Fair merchandise pre-sale
There will be one more parish fair merchandise pre-sale on Saturday, Oct. 16, from 9 a.m. until noon at the fairgrounds. Official fair T-shirts and other items will be available for sale. There will be 25 official fair ornaments available at the pre-sale and another 50 for sale during the fair. These are first-come, first-serve. The ornament is the creation of Taffenie Mizell.
Paper Clover drive
Stop by Tractor Supply Company in Bogalusa or Franklinton through Sunday, Oct. 17, to donate $1 at checkout for the #4HPaperClover drive. These donations are used to help Washington Parish 4-H programs develop young leaders in their communities. Remember to snap a photo of your “Paper Clover” and share it on social media with the hashtag “#4HPaperClover.”
Events at the library
• Fair week schedule at the library — Monday, Oct. 18, through Tuesday, Oct. 19, the library will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. The library will be closed Wednesday, Oct. 20, and Saturday, Oct. 23. Thursday, Oct. 21, through Friday, Oct. 22, the library will be open from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Because of COVID-19, the “Lawyers in Libraries” will be done by phone. Anyone interested in getting legal advice concerning a civil matter (no criminal matters) can call or come by the library through Monday, Oct. 18, to sign up for a phone conference with an attorney. The conferences will be from Monday, Oct. 25, through Saturday, Oct. 30.
• Check out the library’s Facebook page, “Bogalusa Branch Library,” for virtual Story Time with Jennifer Seals and for information about all the fun activities planned for kids.
• Patrons can now check out hotspots for seven days with current photo ID. Must have been a patron for at least 90 days, with an account in good standing. Coming soon are laptops, iPads and tablets for check out. The same requirements will apply.
• Patrons can take care of overdue fines with non-perishable items through the “Food for Fines” program. One item covers $3 in fines.
• “Tech Time” is every Thursday from noon until 1 p.m. Get help with your tech and device issues. Call for an appointment, which are from noon until 12:45 p.m.
Fair midway tickets
Magee Financial offices and other businesses will be selling Washington Parish Fair midway tickets during regular business hours from now until Tuesday, Oct. 19. Magee Financial offices are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.