Church Notes for March 24, 2021
If you have any information for the Church Notes, please email it to email@example.com.
Sweet Beulah Baptist Church
Sweet Beulah Baptist Church has announced “Remote Services” will be available through March. All services will be available through a telephone call, and a specific access code. The numbers and codes are as follows:
- Wednesday, March 24, Prayer Meeting, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. — 1-224-501-3412, code 235-098-165.
- Thursday, March 25, Maggie Barnes Young Women’s Mission, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. — 1-669-224-3412, code 512-733-573.
- Sunday, March 28, Sunday School and Worship Service, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — 1-872-240-3311, code 372-310-269.
- Wednesday, March 31, Prayer Meeting, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. — 1-872-240-3212, code 119-582-725.
Please use your cell phone to call into church services. The new members are long-distance numbers, and you will get long-distance charges if you use a landline home phone. If your cell phone does not have free calling in the U.S. and Canada, then you may have charges.
Love Outreach Family Worship Church
The Love Outreach Family Worship Church is distributing USDA “Food for Families” food boxes to Bogalusa and the surrounding area. Distribution will be every Wednesday at various locations. For more information, call 985-294-4587.
Annunciation Catholic Church
- The Knights of Columbus Council 1819 will have a Lenten fish fry on Friday, March 26. Take-out only. Meals will be available for pick-up starting at 3 p.m. and continuing until sold out or 8 p.m. The cost is $10 per plate, including USA catfish, fries, corn nuggets and cole slaw with tartar sauce and ketchup.
- The Knights of Columbus Patriotic Degree is holding a shotgun raffle. The prize is a Winchester 12-gauge, 24-inch barrel and camouflaged pump shotgun. Tickets are $2 each or six for $10 and are available from any Fourth Degree Knight in Assembly 2206, via Bob Ricca at 504-460-8887 or at the front desk of the office of The Daily News. Those in the Franklinton area can also call Joe Aucoin at 985-789-0260.
- Annunciation Catholic Church will be praying the Rosary every Monday afternoon at 3 p.m. in the church. Prior to the recitation of the Rosary, the group will also pray the beautiful Divine Mercy Chaplet. As noted, these prayers will be held in the church, and not the chapel as in the past. Everyone is invited to come and pray the Rosary for peace in the world and for personal intentions.
The Church of God of Prophecy
- The Church of God of Prophecy, under the leadership of Pastor Shirley Vicks and the congregation, invites everyone to come out to the Missions Department’s Free Hot Meal/Water/Prayer Giveaway. This event will be Saturday, March 27, beginning at 10 a.m. It will be held at the Franklinton location at 1610 Greenlaw St.
- The Church of God of Prophecy would like to extend a warm welcome for everyone to come out to services on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. and every second and fourth Sunday at 6 p.m. at the church, located at 1610 Greenlaw St. in Franklinton. For more information, call 985-549-0880 or 985-974-4461.
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
Children’s Sunday School and Pastor Joe Arthur’s Adult Bible class each begin at 9:15 a.m. Sunday service starts at 10:30 a.m. with Divine Worship celebrating Holy Communion every Sunday, using best practices to avoid coronavirus spread. Join our congregation as we focus upon the Holy Gospels of St. Mark and St. John throughout this next church year. Social distancing, facemasks and sanitizing is being practiced as recommended. Follow the church at “Zion Lutheran Bogalusa” on Facebook.
Calvary Christian Fellowship
Calvary Christian Fellowship, located at 1240 Ave. F. in Bogalusa, is having Sunday morning services in house at 10:30 a.m., and welcomes the public to come worship. If you can’t make the service on Sunday morning, then you can watch it live streaming on Pastor Larry Lassley’s Facebook page. You can also watch on Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. on live streaming. Pastor Larry Lassley and congregation of Calvary Christian invite you to come.