More sandbag sites will be open Thursday
Published 2:41 pm Wednesday, October 7, 2020
There will be multiple locations available for Washington Parish residents to fill up sand bags on Thursday. These locations will only be open that day.
Parish residents who live outside of the Bogalusa and Franklinton city limits can use the following sites, which will be open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Fire District 7 Station, located at 17380 Bill Booty Road in Bogalusa.
- Public Works Location No. 2, located on Yacc Road.
- Public Works Location No. 3, located at 801 Pearl St. in Franklinton.
- Varnado Town Hall, located at 63097 Main St. in Varnado.
A limited amount of pre-filled bags will be available for those unable to fill their own bags. Bring your own shovel. Public works employees will be at those two locations to assist with filling sandbags.
For residents in the town of Franklinton, there will be one location open Thursday. It is at 1108 Lenora St. and will have sand available from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Pre-filled bags will be available, and there will be a limit of 10 sandbags per vehicle.
There will be free more locations open for Bogalusa residents, from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. They are:
- YouthBuild building, located at the junction of Austin and Bayer streets.
- Main Street Ballpark, located at the corner of Long Avenue and Main Street.
- Avenue B Sports Complex, located at the junction of Avenue B and West Ninth Street.
There is a limit of 10 sandbags per person. Bring your own shovel.