Candidates qualify for races in November general election
Candidates have qualified for upcoming state and local races, in the general election scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 3.
The three-day qualifying period began last Wednesday and ended Friday.
Candidates who qualified for each race were as follows:
- District Attorney — Warren Montgomery (incumbent) and Vincent Wynne.
- Bogalusa City Court Judge — Robert J. Black (incumbent) and David Merlin Duke.
- Bogalusa City Court Marshal — John W. Sumrall Jr. (unopposed).
- Franklinton Mayor — John L. Daniel and Greg Route.
- Franklinton Alderman (five to be elected) — Esco E. Burton, T.J. Butler Jr., Patrice Crain, Frankie Crosby Sr., Seth Descant, Richard D. Dillon, Jeamie F. “J” McCullen, Blake Orman, Darwin Sharp and Heath Spears.
- Angie Mayor — Roxie Fornea (unopposed).
- Angie Police Chief — Gilbert Hartzog Jr. (unopposed).
- Angie Alderman (three to be elected) — Garnet M. Fornea, Reta S. Fornea, Olivia B. Hartzog, Darryl Knight and Kort Pittman.
- Varnado Mayor — Paris C. Sumrall (unopposed).
- Varnado Police Chief — Louis Adams (unopposed).
- Varnado Alderman (unopposed) — James L. “Jimmy” Ezell, Kimberly “Suzi” Kennedy and Brian “Walk-Walk” Walker.
- Constable, Ward 1 — Jerry W. Fruge Jr. and Lynnette Sharp.
- Constable, Ward 6 — Donald Mizell (incumbent) and Mark Richard.
- Justice of the Peace — All incumbents in Wards 1-9 will return to office unopposed.
- District Judge, Division D — John A. Keller and Justin Marquez.
- District Judge, Division J — Ellen M. Creel, Richard Ducote.
- All other District Judges will return to office unopposed.
- U.S. Senator — Beryl Billiot, John Paul Bourgeois, Dr. Bill Cassidy (incumbent), Reno Jean Daret III, Derrick “Champ” Edwards, Xan John, David Drew Knight, M.V. “Vinny” Mendoza, Jamar Montgomery, Dustin Murphy, Adrian Perkins, Antoine Pierce, Melinda Mary Price, Aaron C. Sigler, Peter Wenstrup.
- U.S. Representative, 5th Congressional District (incumbent Dr. Ralph Abraham is not seeking re-election) — Sandra “Candy” Christophe, Allen Guillory Sr., Lance Harris, Matt Hasty, Jesse P. Lagarde, Martin Lemelle Jr., Luke J. Letlow, Scotty Robinson, Phillip Snowden.
- Public Service Commissioner, District 1 — William Boartfield Jr., Allen H. Borne Jr., Big John Mason, Kevin Pearson, Richard “Richie” Sanderson II, John F. Schwegmann, Eric Skrmetta (incumbent).
Parish citizens will also vote for the next U.S. president in the Nov. 3 election.
State Treasurer John M. Schroder announced small businesses can start applying for grants through the Main Street Recovery Program. Applications... read more