Free COVID-19 testing will be available to parish residents
In partnership with the Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health and the Louisiana National Guard, free COVID-19 tests will be available to Washington Parish residents in the coming weeks.
The schedule of testing locations is as follows. Each testing site will be open from approximately 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- Friday, May 29 — Washington Parish Fairgrounds in Franklinton, 100 Main St.
- Saturday, May 30 — Franklinton Primary School, 610 T.W. Barker Drive.
- Thursday, June 4 — Cassidy Park in Bogalusa on Willis Avenue.
- Friday, June 5 — Cassidy Park in Bogalusa on Willis Avenue.
- Thursday, June 11 — Varnado High School, 25543 Washington St.
- Friday, June 12 — Pine High School, 28351 Louisiana Highway 424.
- Thursday, June 18 — Old Angie Jr. High School, 64433 Dixon St.
- Friday, June 19 — Mt. Hermon School, 36119 Louisiana Highway 38.
In order to be tested, residents must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Louisiana ID.
The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose on-site while in their vehicles, be observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
Those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. Walk-up testing is not preferred, due to safety concerns.
The state of Louisiana has seen more than 28,000 COVID-19 patients recover from the viral disease, according to statistics released... read more