City council meeting will be on radio
Published 4:35 am Saturday, May 16, 2020
The Bogalusa City Council will have a meeting Tuesday, May 19, at 5:30 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the meeting will be conducted on the WBOX 92.9 FM radio station. For public participation, call 985-732-4254.
The agenda includes:
- Adoption of a resolution of the Municipal Water Pollution Prevention Environmental Audit Report.
- Adoption of a resolution whereas, the Bogalusa City Council does hereby go on record supporting the Bogalusa Police Department Bureau of Justice Assistant Grant Application #2020-H1681-LA-VD in the amount of $36,173.00 for the City of Bogalusa.
- Introduction of an ordinance to approve the Planning and Zoning request to rezone from A-2 Residential to C-Commercial for a new business opening in the area.
- Introduction of an ordinance to approve the low bidder LD Trucking for sand and clay gravel.
- Introduction of an ordinance to approve the low bidder American Pride for wash gravel.
- Introduction of an ordinance to authorize the mayor to enter into a contract with Foster & Foster, Inc., related to the actuarial services for the City of Bogalusa Retirement System.
- Introduction of an ordinance to set ad valorem tax rates and levy such taxes for 2020, as required by law.
- Public participation, administrative remarks, and other council discussion.
The next Bogalusa City Council meeting will be held Tuesday, June 2, at 5:30 p.m.