Parish president: Continue practicing ‘social distancing’
Published 1:55 pm Thursday, April 9, 2020
This article was written by Washington Parish President Richard “Ned” Thomas.
As the weekend approaches, I want to remind all citizens of Washington Parish how vital it is that we continue to practice social distancing. It is imperative that we all limit gatherings to 10 people or less and maintain a six-foot distance between each other. Also, it has been recommended, by the CDC, to wear a protective mask when going out in public for essential items.
It is great to hear recent news as it becomes more encouraging in our battle with COVID-19, with some news leading us to believe the light is at the end of the tunnel. However, we must not let that blind us to the fact that we must still stand our ground in this battle, and continue to maintain our defenses.
I want to thank everyone in Washington Parish for all of your concerted efforts in this battle. You have made a difference. There is a lot we have to celebrate this weekend, but in order to protect ourselves and our family, we must find alternate ways in comparison to what we were traditionally used to:
Here are a few suggestions:
- Host a watch party on Facebook and have a virtual egg decorating contest.
- Set up a Zoom conference with your family while you sit down to eat.
- Attend a drive-thru service or search for an online service.
- If possible, send one family member to sit outside the window of your parents’ or grandparents’ house and use Facetime, Zoom or video so they can see your children while they hunt Easter eggs.
- Set up a video chat to let the kids talk to the Easter bunny.
The possibilities are endless, and with a little creativity and planning, this Easter holiday can be one to remember.