Our Lady of the Angels updates visitor guidelines
On Sunday evening, Our Lady of the Angels Hospital in Bogalusa announced updates to its visitor guidelines and screening criteria that took effect Monday, and will continue until further notice.
New criteria include limiting visitation to one adult visitor per patient per day, and no person who has visited Orleans or Jefferson parishes in the last 14 days will be allowed to enter the facility.
Visitor guidelines include:
- Visitation of patients will be limited to one visitor (18 years or older) per patient, per day.
- Visitors must receive a temperature check and answer the following questions:
- Do you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- In the last 14 days, have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, someone under investigation for COVID-19 or are ill with a respiratory illness?
- Do you live in a community where there have been multiple confirmed COVID-19 cases?
- Have you visited Orleans Parish or Jefferson Parish in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days to countries with sustained community transmission?
If the visitor has a fever or answers “yes” to any of these questions, they will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Our Lady of the Angels continues to remind the community that everyone plays an important part in preventing the spread of COVID-19, influenza and all other viruses. We should all continue to practice social distancing, frequently wash our hands, cover coughs, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
If you are sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms, stay home and contact your primary care physician.
To schedule a clinic visit, call 985-730-6970. For more information and resources on COVID-19, visit online at www.oloah.org/COVID19.
The City of Bogalusa reported Monday morning that all city government offices will be closed to public contact through April... read more