Sampson to be honored
Published 3:21 am Saturday, August 3, 2019
Mrs. Ann Washington Jackson Sampson and the Sampson family will be honored by the Louisiana Municipal Black Caucus at the next Bogalusa City Council meeting at Bogalusa City Hall on Tuesday, Aug. 6, at 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to come out and support.
This honor is due to an established memorial scholarship fund honoring the legacy of Councilman McClurie Sampson/Councilman David Riggins and all past members of the Louisiana Municipal Black Caucus Association. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist first- and second-year undergraduate students with the burden of paying for higher education while also encouraging them to come back and promote their communities by striving for greatness.
- Must be a first- or second-year undergraduate student in good standing.
- If an applicant is a first-year student, a letter of acceptance must be attached to application from the school of his or her choice.
- The school must be in Louisiana.
- Applicants must submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words on a topic of concern within their community, and upon completion of college what steps will they take to improve their community.
- Each submission must state the name of the Caucus Member and/or Organization that recommended them. One submission per municipal organization.
- The Member/Municipality must be in good standing.
- All applications must be electronically submitted to email@example.com by Aug. 12.
- The subject line should read: “2019 Riggins/McClurie Memorial Fund.”