Bogalusa Toy Fund announces schedule
Published 5:48 am Friday, November 4, 2016
Special to The Daily News
The Bogalusa Toy Fund recently announced schedules for its 26th year, the Christmas 2016 season:
• Week of Oct. 24 — Applications for families who will be unable to furnish toys for their children for this season are available at the Office of Family Support and these local businesses: The Daily News, Country Super Store, Main Street Grocery, Travis Supermarket. These applications are for families who live in the Fourth Ward (Bogalusa School District). Applications must be completed in full or will not be considered.
• Monday, Nov. 21 — Deadline to return applications to the above places. There are no extensions for the deadline. Notice: The deadline has been changed from prior years.
• Week of Thanksgiving — Drop-off boxes will be placed in local banks and businesses. Persons or groups who wish to donate toys may place the new unwrapped toys in these boxes. Toys should be for children ages 6 months to 12 years.
• Week of Nov. 21 — Sort toys and shop to meet the need for the requested number of children in each age and sex. Volunteers are encouraged to help with this.
• Delivery week begins Dec. 12. Volunteers are needed who are willing to aid in helping the Toy Fund get the toys to each family at their home.
Groups or individuals are encouraged to contact the Toy Fund to give information on the number of children and ages they would like to cover in order to give them a Merry Christmas. Those who adopt a family, in addition to toys, may give clothing or food, if they wish, and may deliver the gifts to the chosen family. To “Adopt A Family,” call Martha Mitchell at 732-7017.
Funds to begin this season are low. Persons wishing to make a monetary donation may do so at Bogalusa Toy Fund at Zellco or Capital One. The funds are used 100 percent to buy toys for the children.
No expenses are taken from any donations. All work is done by volunteers. Checks made to Bogalusa Toy Fund may be mailed to “Treasurer Ray Ann Wheat, P.O. Box 515, Bogalusa, LA 70429.”
Kellie Hebert will be collecting donations and toys.
To volunteer or for further information, call Martha Mitchell at 732-7017, Ray Ann Wheat or Sharon Wheat at 732-9492 or Oneita Graham at 732-7434.