Book festival will have activities for children
Published 3:22 pm Friday, September 18, 2015
The activities scheduled for the children’s tent at the Washington Parish Library’s 2015 Book Festival have been announced for the Saturday, Sept. 19, event from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Franklinton branch at 825 Free St.
The times and activities planned for the morning are as follows:
• 10 a.m. — Rosemary Smith will read from her books Woody Gets Dunked and Lizzy Walks on the Wild Side
• 10:30 a.m. — Face painting
• 10:50 a.m. — Puppet show, The Interrupting Chicken
• 11 a.m. — James and Rachel Harper present The Greatest Bunny
• 11:30 a.m. — Flower cookie edible craft
• 11:50 a.m. — Puppet show, Dinosaur Pet
• Noon — Lynda Deninger presents Patti the Pelican and the Gulf Oil Spill and Salty Seas and His Heroic Friends.
• 12:30 p.m. — Musical chairs
• 12:45 p.m. — Lenell Levy Melancon presents Tootles the Turtle Tells the Truth
• 1:15 p.m., — Puppet show, The Baby BeeBee Bird
• 1:20 p.m. — Melinda Falgoust presents Lousy Liver.
The grand door prize drawing for children will be at the conclusion of the festival and the winner must be present.
Other activities for all ages, including the opportunity to meet and greet over 25 authors and listen to selected lectures, will be going on outside on the lawn under tents and inside the library.
Concessions will be sold and door prizes for adults will also be awarded. For more information about the Washington Parish Library 2015 Book Festival, call Melanie at 985-839-7805.