City councilwoman running for Legislature
Published 9:48 am Sunday, June 14, 2015
Bogalusa City Councilwoman Malinda Brumfield White has announced her candidacy for the Louisiana State House of Representatives, District 75.
White is a lifelong resident of Washington Parish. She is married to Danny White and is the proud mother of three children, Meagan (Aaron) Faulk, Casey and Parker. She is the daughter of Leo and Lazette Thomas Brumfield and the granddaughter of Archie and Earline Thomas and Zeno and Hettie Brumfield.
White graduated from Varnado High School in 1983. She obtained her license as a real estate agent through the Louisiana Real Estate Commission in 1994. She was employed by Gaylord/Temple-Inland as administrative assistant, quality technician and advanced to quality manager from 1996-2004. White obtained an ISO 9001 Lead Assessor Auditor Certification and earned certification as a Facilitator of Achieve Global Leadership Curriculum contracted by Sowela Technical College. In 2004, she joined her husband, Danny, as owner and operator of White’s Business Machines.
She and Danny are members of First Baptist Church of Bogalusa.
White has quite an extensive history of volunteer work in the Washington Parish community. Past and ongoing work includes the following:
• Founder and Executive Chairwoman of the Bogalusa Blues and Heritage Festival, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
• Founding board member of Bogalusa Gospel Music Festival
• Washington Parish Commission on Human Services
• Court Appointed Special Advocate for foster children
• Board Member for the Youth Service Bureau of St. Tammany and Washington Parish
• Washington Parish Pooles Bluff Nature Park Advisory Council – Executive Chair
• Pearl River Conservation Association
• Bogalusa Parks, Recreational, and Culture Commission
• Bogalusa Civic League
• Washington Parish Fair Board Executive Committee
• Cassidy Park Museum Board
• International Paper Community Advisory Committee Council
• Bogalusa YWCA Board
In announcing her candidacy, White pointed to her record of initiating and promoting positive changes and improvements throughout the Washington Parish community. She emphasized that she is open minded, a good listener and eager to get to work for the benefit of the parish at the legislative level.
White describes her candidacy as a grass roots effort and encourages people to contact her by email at email@example.com, cellphone at 985-294-3895 or business phone at 985-732-4801 or visit her and/or her husband, Danny, at White’s Business Machines located at 116 Georgia Ave. in Bogalusa.