American Association of University Women
Published 2:37 am Sunday, April 13, 2014
The Bogalusa Rotary Club, through its Scholarship Fund, will to grant its annual scholarship to a high school graduate who is planning to attend college and who possesses an alert mind, high moral standards, good character, high ambitions and positive qualities of leadership. All of these traits should have been definitely evidenced during the student’s high school career.
In addition, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a resident of Ward 4 in Washington Parish, with two years minimum residency, and be a prospective graduate for the 2014 graduating class.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Must supply a letter of recommendation from a former teacher or school administrator.
• Must submit a résumé listing high school activities, awards and honors. If an officer in an organization, please list title and years. In addition, include all pertinent out-of-school community, religious or other involvement.
• Must submit transcript of high school grades.
• Should list any and all employment, giving names of company/business and dates worked, with name of direct supervisor. (For example: McDonald’s, March 2011 – Oct. 2013, Mr. John Doe).
• Must submit an ACT score of at least 18.
• Must enroll as a full-time college student at the next regular semester if the grant is awarded.
This scholarship is awarded for two semesters only in the amount of $500 each semester. To receive the second semester grant of $500, the student must show proof of having maintained at least a “B” average the first semester, and proof of enrollment as a full-time student for the second semester.
The deadline for submitting this scholarship application is April 15. Applications, along with a recommendation letter, should be sent to the Bogalusa Rotary Club, c/o George Bateman, P. O. Box 670, Bogalusa, LA 70429.
To receive an application form, email Bateman at ghbatema@ bellsouth.net.