Fair poster contest under way
Published 11:45 pm Saturday, June 15, 2013
The Washington Parish Fair Association invites local artists to participate in the 2013 Fair Poster Contest.
Digital printing has opened up the contest to many types of artwork. Horizontal formats, smaller posters, fine art reproduction or other creative choices are encouraged. Entry deadline is Thursday, July 25.
Rules for poster entry are as follows:
• Entrants must be Washington Parish residents (or native college students) and at least 18 years old.
• The design should not exceed 18 by 24 inches on mat board, illustration board, canvas or heavy paper. Format is up to the artist.
• The poster design may contain “Washington Parish Fair 2013,” or the printer can add appropriate lettering digitally. Include a small sketch to indicate letter design and placement.
• The design may pertain to the fair in general or to a specific part of the fair. It must be non-commercial. If an identifiable person is used, a letter of release to all publication rights and royalties must accompany the design.
• The theme for this year’s fair is “Showing Pride Parish Wide.” The poster can follow the theme and include the theme name on the poster but is not required.
• Individuals may enter more than one design. Previous entries may be considered.
• Each entrant must sign a release of rights and royalties of publication. Entries will be released back to the artist after the 2013 fair concludes.
• Deadline for entering is July 25. The poster will not be included in the 2013 fair catalogue.
Poster designs can be entered from now until July 25 at Arata and Arata Law Offices, 216 Austin St., Bogalusa (next to Maria’s) or Laurie Bell State Farm, 972 Washington St., Franklinton during regular business hours. Call Poster Chairman Ann G. Arata of the Washington Parish Fair Association at 732-9102 or 516-4888 for more information.