Dress up Dessert
Published 11:45 pm Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Classic sweet treats like pound cake are delicious on their own — and with a few simple ingredients, they can be dressed up to make any day more special.
These recipes highlight the classic, homemade taste of Sara Lee Pound Cake. The newest addition, Lemon Pound Cake, is made with real lemon juice, so the bright citrus flavor shines through.
• Lemon Pound Cake Trifle — Strawberries, blueberries and whipped topping combine with cut-out lemon pound cake shapes to make a show-stopping dessert.
• Pound Cake French Toast — Take the flavors of a favorite breakfast
and turn them into a mouthwatering dessert the whole family will love.
• White Chocolate Ganache Lemon Glazed Pound Cake — This treat
may have a fancy name, but it’s easy to make. And it tastes just as great
as it looks.
• Grilled Pound Cake with Berries — Grilled slices of pound cake topped with fresh berries and lemon Greek yogurt are the perfect way to end a cookout.
• Grilled Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Pound Cake Sandwich — Bring out the kid in everyone with this delicious twist on a fluffernutter sandwich.
You can find more delicious ways to dress up dessert at www.saraleedesserts.com.