State accepting public comments on additional $831.5 million allocation for Hurricane Ida, May 2021 severe storms
Published 6:30 pm Thursday, June 8, 2023
As part of the Continuing Appropriations Act of 2023, the Louisiana Office of Community Development is accepting public comments an action plan amendment to spend an additional $831.5 million in federal funding for recovery from Hurricane Ida and the May 2021 Severe Storms. The 30-day public comment period on APA 3 starts today and ends at 5 p.m. July 6, 2023.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development’s allocation of $831,502,000 in Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery funds for Hurricane Ida and the May 2021 Severe Storms, when added to HUD’s previous allocation of $1.27 billion, brings the total funding now available for recovery from the 2021 disasters to more than $2 billion. When combined with HUD’s $1 billion allocated in 2020 for Hurricanes Laura and Delta, Louisiana now will receive more than $3 billion in disaster recovery funding for all eligible 2020-21 storms.
After accepting public comments, the state will submit the plan to HUD for final federal approval. Once HUD approves the plan, the state will be able to access the federal funds and expand the recovery resources available through the Restore Louisiana programs, such as:
- Restore Louisiana Homeowner Assistance Program to address the rehabilitation of owner-occupied households, with a focus on serving the most vulnerable populations;
- Affordable rental and homeless prevention programs to repair and increase the inventory of affordable rental housing for affected renters and provide rental assistance and support services to households displaced by the disaster and those at risk of becoming homeless;
- Economic recovery and revitalization programs that provide loans, grants and technical assistance to small businesses;
- Infrastructure and non-federal cost-share assistance programs; and
- Mitigation investments that improve resilience.
The action plan is available at doa.la.gov/doa/ocd/policy-and-reports/apa/ or by calling 225.219.9600.
Members of the public can submit comments in several ways:
- Emailing them to email@example.com;
- Mailing them to Disaster Recovery Unit, P.O. Box 94095, 70804-9095, Attn: Janice Lovett; or
- Faxing them to the attention of Janice Lovett at 225.219.9605.
Vietnamese Muốn biết thêm chi tiết về Kế Hoạch Hành Động, xin gọi số 225.219.9600 hoặc viết về địa chỉ điện thư firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spanish Para más información sobre el plan de acción, llame al 225.219.9600 o email email@example.com.